There are a lot of different places you can go when buying a pre-owned car in Idaho Falls. One of the decisions you may be struggling with is whether you should buy your car from a private seller or a used car dealership. There are pros and cons to each option. We’re explaining them to you, so you can make the choice that’s best for you!
Pros and cons of buying a pre-owned car in Idaho Falls privately
Some people prefer to buy their car from a private seller. Although we don’t suggest going this route, it does have some advantages.
- You may get a lower price: One possible advantage of buying a used vehicle from a private seller is that you may be able to get a lower price. This is because you won’t have to pay dealer fees and other fees associated with used car dealerships.
- Easy price negotiations: You may also have the opportunity to negotiate the price of the car when buying from a private seller. This is because the price of the car is solely up to the discretion of the seller.
- Meeting with strangers: The downside of buying a pre-owned car privately is that you might have to meet with multiple strangers. This is not only time consuming, it’s also dangerous!
- No buyer protection: You also won’t get any warranties or guarantees with your pre-owned car from a private seller – the car is usually sold “as is”. These sellers aren’t bound to rules from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- More legwork: It may also mean more work for you when you choose to buy a pre owned car in Idaho Falls from a private seller. This includes doing all of the paperwork and financing on your own.
Advantages and disadvantages of choosing a used car dealership
The other option you have when buying a pre-owned car is getting it from our used car dealership! What are the pros and cons of this option?
- Less legwork: We mentioned that you may have to meet with many sellers and do all of the paperwork yourself when buying a pre-owned car privately. When you visit our used car dealership in Idaho Falls, you won’t have to worry about any of this! We have a wide selection of cars to choose from all in one place AND we’ll take care of all of the paperwork and financing for you!
- We’re a reputable Idaho Falls used car dealership: Unlike private sellers, we must adhere to certain laws and regulations, like the Lemon Law. This means you can count on quality and have more peace of mind!
- Warranties available: Another advantage of buying your pre-owned vehicle from our used car dealership in Idaho Falls is that you have the option of purchasing an extended warranty with your ride. This way, you can have a back-up plan just in case something goes wrong!
- Dealership fees: Like we previously mentioned, you may have to pay certain fees when buying a pre-owned car from a used car dealership.
- Less room for negotiation: In some instances, you may have less room for negotiation when buying your ride, as used car dealerships typically stick to a certain profit margin.